Pages

Friday, July 13, 2012

Starting my Book...



Yesterday afternoon I officially started writing my book...the one that's been rolling around my mind for a while now.  It scares me, this full commitment to doing something that I've always wanted to do.  I have wanted to be an author since I was about 8 years old, and I can't believe I'm finally taking the lunge.

Why is it that daily posting is so much easier than writing an all-out book??  Maybe for the simple reason that I desire so much to inspire and uplift that I want everything to be perfect?

But even if it is scary and a bit daunting, there is something so satisfying in trying something new, something that the Spirit has pointed me towards.  There is something so soothing and refreshing in striving to use my talents in a way to bless others.  Wish me luck and send a few prayers my way! :)


Happy Challenge:

What are you feeling prompted to do with your talents?  Or maybe you have something new you would like to try but have always felt a bit reluctant?  Commit to take the plunge and do something TODAY to begin following your dreams....

6 comments

  1. Boa sorte com tua aventura nova! You will be great!! :) Imagine what we all could accomplish if we would simply let go of our fear and doubt. I think that is why children learn, progress, and grow so rapidly. They are not afraid of falling or stumbling when they try to walk, they just keep trying until they eventually are running! They don't mind if they don't speak English perfectly, or that only mom can interpret what they are saying when they are two, they speak anyway! They have an inborn faith that they can succeed and they do! I love their examples! :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mom! I love you so much! Thank you for always believing in me. It means so much to know you are cheering me on! I will press on the best I can and risk the falling and stumbling. I will just keep trying and trying until I succeed...of course, only with and through the Lord's help!

      Delete
  2. I am so happy you are going to write a book. I have loved reading your post. You are one of my new favorities. Good luck and sending prayers your way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you LeAnn, for your encouragement and confidence. I will need your prayers!! :)

      Delete
  3. Good for you! This is a big deal! I am already excited to read your book. I heard once that "God doesn't give you a desire to do something you have no ability to do." So--you can do this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that quote, Gina. I'm going to write it on a notecard and put it with my book writing folder. Thanks for your reassurance! It might take several years, but I am determined to do this!!! :) Thanks for your friendship!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails