Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

When you hit a roadblock.


My husband and I were asked to speak in church on Sunday.  The topic is perfect, and I have so many points jotted down on a little white notecard.

But today when I sat down and thought about how I could pull it all together and organize my ideas, my mind went blank.  I sat and thought and prayed for nearly a half an hour.  Nothing.  So I followed the prompting to go about my daily tasks with my talk on my mind.

And though I desperately want to put my thoughts together in a cohesive, inspiring way right now, I know that the Lord will help me--in His own way and in His own time.  He always does.

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." -Isaiah 55:8-9

Happy Challenge:

When you need a solution, but don't feel like the answers are coming, trust your problem, your concerns, your worries to the Lord and let Him solve in His own, perfect way.  Trust His timing.  It's the only way to feel peace and joy in the midst of waiting.  Someday the rock will be removed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails